- Welcome to Horbury Primary Academy
- School History
- Ethos & Values
- British Values/PREVENT
- Documents & Policies
- Results and Performance
- Key Academy Staff
- Financial Information
- Disclosure and Barring Service
- Pupil Premium Funding and Sports Funding
- Head Boy and Girl
- House Captains
- School Council
- What does PRIDE mean at HPA?
The School Council at Horbury Primary Academy is a team of dedicated, organised and proud children.
The members of the council play a crucial part in the development of our school and each member takes their role very seriously. As a result of their hard work, they have organised and implemented many positive changes within the school.
The selection of the School Council happens at the beginning of each School year. One child from each class in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are elected from a number of nominees. This year, the children in school were provided with a voting card detailing the names of three nominees; they could then vote for the candidate that they wished to represent their class. Once the Council is elected, they vote for their Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. All School Councillors wear a distinctive purple badge and the team is facilitated by Mrs Wynne.
From Buddy Bench monitors to advocates of Anti-bullying, we are role-models who truly represent the voice of the pupils at Horbury Primary Academy, demonstrating RESPECT, EFFORT and SAFETY.
- We develop our school and ourselves by discussing ideas and making decisions, whilst respecting the views of everyone
- We work together, making every effort to ensure our School is the best school possible
- We aim to make pupils feel included, happy and safe
Pupil voice: We have achieved so much and feel proud to represent the pupil voice for Horbury Primary Academy.
Our School Councillors for the academic year 2022-23 are:
2WR – Rosie H
2B – Emily W
3M – Darcy H
3H – Thomas E
4C – Evalyn S
4M – Leen Y
5W- Tommy E
5ML – Ruby B
6C – Mila L
6H – Ben F