- School History
- Ethos & Values
- British Values/PREVENT
- Documents & Policies
- Results and Performance
- Key Academy Staff
- Financial Information
- Disclosure and Barring Service
- Catch up Premium, Pupil Premium Funding and Sports Funding
- Head Boy and Girl
- House Captains
- School Council
- PRIDE Points
The History of Horbury Primary Academy
On 11th June 1913, Horbury New Council School, Northfield Lane, was officially opened by Councillor Harrop.
The Horbury New Council School continued until 1952 when it became Horbury County Secondary Modern School. Whilst this school catered for 11 to 15 year olds, the Infant Department continued to be housed here. The junior department was transferred to the Wesleyan School at Horbury Junction.
In 1962 the Secondary pupils moved to a new site adjoining Berry Lane on what had been called Low Park. Northfield Lane then became Horbury County Junior School under the headship of Mr R Lindley and Horbury County Infant School under Miss Pick.
During the February break of the year 2000, the school’s dining room and scullery were destroyed. This led to Education bosses spending a massive £1m to bring two ageing schools into the 21st Century. The two schools then amalgamated with a new name, Horbury Primary School and a new head teacher, Mr John Wright. It was officially opened Friday 17th May 2002 by the Very Reverend George Naim Briggs.
In December 2016, Horbury Primary School converted to an academy and became Horbury Primary Academy.
Picture showing Horbury County Secondary Modern School (Circa 1955), © The Francis Frith Collection