Our School Lunches are provided by ISS Education’s “Feeding Hungry Minds”.
School meals cost £2.34 per day and are currently paid for via MCAS.
ISS create their menus based on the principles of the Soil Association’s Bronze Food for Life Catering Mark. The Food for Life Catering Mark criteria has been developed to reflect best practice in healthy and sustainable school food.
Winter School Lunch Menu (from 31st October 2022)CTA
Special Diet Reference GuideCTA
An Overview of our Lunchbox Policy:
- The school will provide facilities for pupils bringing in packed lunches and ensure that free, fresh drinking water is readily available at all times.
Please note; water is the only acceptable drink.
- The school will work with the pupils to provide attractive and appropriate dining room arrangements
- The school will work with parents to ensure that packed lunches abide by the standards listed below.
- Lunch box trolleys are kept in a cool area although pupils could use insulated lunch bags with freezer blocks in warmer months.
- Children must only eat their own food and not other children’s.
- Nut or nut products are not permitted as we are a NUT FREE SCHOOL.
- All uneaten food and waste will be kept in the lunchbox and returned home with the child so that parents are able to monitor their child’s food consumption.
- Glass bottles and tins are not permitted due to safety issues that could arise.
- Your child’s lunchbox should be clearly labelled with their name.
We are a NUT FREE School
Horbury Primary Academy Lunchbox PolicyClick here